When reading our website, information about the browsing of your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on our website may be recorded in “cookie” files installed on your device, depending on the choices you have made concerning cookies and that you may change at any time.
What does “Cookie” mean?
A cookie is a simple text file sent with the pages of this website. Your browser can then save it on the hard drive of your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
Important: Cookies are completely harmless. They do not delete any data from your device and do not alter any files or programmes. In addition, they cannot contain any viruses.
There are two main types of cookies:
Session cookies – these only exist while you are on a website. They are used to recognise you when you switch from one page to another. For example, they can remember what you place in a shopping cart in online purchasing systems. They are deleted when you leave the website. These cookies may also help maintain the integrity and security of the session.
Persistent (or permanent) cookies – which remain on your device until a possible expiry date or until they are deleted. Many are built with an automatic deletion date that means they disappear automatically and without causing any damage on the specified date. This prevents your disk from filling up with these small files. This type of cookie is often used to keep and reuse login information to avoid you having to remember long strings of code.
archipelago uses both types of cookie on its website www.archipelago.be. The purpose of this is to optimise the security of our website and provide an optimal service.
What are cookies issued on this website used for?
A cookie enables our website to recognise you while preserving your anonymity. The website takes note of your preferences and automatically adapts to your wishes. But this information is in no way related to your name or identity. For example, these cookies allow you to surf directly in your language, while ensuring you do not have to enter your login data every time. In short, they make using archipelago website much faster and more comfortable.
In addition, cookies can measure the popularity of web pages or the average duration of your visit to our website.
Cookies improve our website, for you and for us. Thanks to cookies, you can access the information you want more quickly. For example, you do not have to choose the language or enter the same details on every visit.
For archipelago, cookies make website features more efficient and relevant. By analysing our visitors’ browsing behaviour, we see what information was most consulted. We can therefore continuously improve our services.
The cookies we use allow us to:
- establish visitor and use statistics and volumes of the various elements of our website (sections and content visited, route), enabling us to improve the appeal and ergonomics of our services;
- adapt the presentation of our website to your device’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our website, depending on the visualisation or reading hardware and software used by your device;
- remember information about a form you have completed on our website (registration or access to your account) or products, services or information that you have chosen on our website (subscribed service, content of a shopping cart, etc.);
- enable you to access reserved and personal areas of our website, such as your account, by means of usernames or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
- to implement security measures, for example when you are asked to log in again to content or a service after a certain period of time.
Consent of the visitor
You can withdraw your consent at any time and refuse the installation of cookies on your device or their use on the website and/or delete cookies by clicking on the customise cookies setting or by changing the settings of your browser (see below).
How can you delete or block cookies, or change your settings?
You can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the customise cookies settings:
For more information about removing and blocking cookies using your browser settings, you may visit: All about cookies
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website. Some of our services may require cookies in your browser to view and use them.